Mum- things not looking good.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
Dear Fellow Travellers,

I feel a bit of a fraud on here. Since others have it worse. Even though I'm a lurker. mum has had a cold for a week. On antibiotics last week. Not very good. Phoned home yesterday my mum not responsive but okay. Got a message from a friend tonight that dad was urgently trying to contact me. Teaching no phones allowed in class. Mum not good. Spoke to nurse . Mum has has a chest infection on antibiotics, very frail. Suspected loss of swallow unable to take antibiotics. Will be fed , medicated via syringe. Dad has gone to nursing home to sleep overnight. Next 24-4th rs will be the teller

Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Suexx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s a tough time Sue. You certainly are not a fraud. I know how your dad will be feeling.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
[QU
I’m sorry to read your news. Wishing you all strength.

OTE="Grannie G, post: 1665818, member: 2011"]It`s a tough time Sue. You certainly are not a fraud. I know how your dad will be feeling.[/QUOTE]

Than You both for your replies. I really feel for dad. His only brother left died in February this year and now he is going through it with mum. - 93yrs Been married 53yrs. Wish I could be with him for support. He is 87yrs. ******* hate this year with deaths. Had too many. Time to put my big girl pants on now, again! !

bpop

Aug 4, 2019
Dear Fellow Travellers,

I feel a bit of a fraud on here. Since others have it worse. Even though I'm a lurker. mum has had a cold for a week. On antibiotics last week. Not very good. Phoned home yesterday my mum not responsive but okay. Got a message from a friend tonight that dad was urgently trying to contact me. Teaching no phones allowed in class. Mum not good. Spoke to nurse . Mum has has a chest infection on antibiotics, very frail. Suspected loss of swallow unable to take antibiotics. Will be fed , medicated via syringe. Dad has gone to nursing home to sleep overnight. Next 24-4th rs will be the teller

Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Suexx
My thoughts are with you. You are facing such a difficult time and my heart goes out to you. My mum has recently gone into home and although it's early days she seems to have settled. I realise it's very likely there will come a point when I am in your situation. I am four hours away so my dad does most of the visiting at the moment (he does so well at 85). I'm trying to get there at least once a month but its not always possible with work, family and my husbands health - but I try my best. I am sure that, like me, you try to do everything possible to be there for your parents. Yet we feel the guilt if we miss a visit, or a phone call. Such an emotional time for you and your dad, and the rest of your family. Thinking of you in this difficult time.

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
My thoughts are with you. You are facing such a difficult time and my heart goes out to you. My mum has recently gone into home and although it's early days she seems to have settled. I realise it's very likely there will come a point when I am in your situation. I am four hours away so my dad does most of the visiting at the moment (he does so well at 85). I'm trying to get there at least once a month but its not always possible with work, family and my husbands health - but I try my best. I am sure that, like me, you try to do everything possible to be there for your parents. Yet we feel the guilt if we miss a visit, or a phone call. Such an emotional time for you and your dad, and the rest of your family. Thinking of you in this difficult time.

Thank you for your kind thoughts. It is only me and dad . I'm not in the UK but live in Europe. The cost seems too high now .sending strength for your journey.xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))) @garfield3
I am so sorry to hear about your mum, you are certainly not a fraud, this is horrible to go through.

Infections of any sort cause havoc in PWD. My mum had pneumonia and I was told she was at end of life, but she bounced back. See what happens.

silver'lantern

Apr 23, 2019
you are no way a fraud @garfield3 ...another person in your eyes 'seeming worse' does not lessen your load! (just like a broken leg doesn't hurt any less because next person has two broken) each has an impact. and i am sure being so far away impacts on you just as much. there is no worse. just different.
during school time could you leave your mobile with the office? so an emergency someone can cover while you take the call. i am sure under such circumstances they could accommodate. or give dad the school number? .......

garfield3

Jun 30, 2018
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))) @garfield3
I am so sorry to hear about your mum, you are certainly not a fraud, this is horrible to go through.

Infections of any sort cause havoc in PWD. My mum had pneumonia and I was told she was at end of life, but she bounced back. See what happens.
you are no way a fraud @garfield3 ...another person in your eyes 'seeming worse' does not lessen your load! (just like a broken leg doesn't hurt any less because next person has two broken) each has an impact. and i am sure being so far away impacts on you just as much. there is no worse. just different.
during school time could you leave your mobile with the office? so an emergency someone can cover while you take the call. i am sure under such circumstances they could accommodate. or give dad the school number? .......
Thinking of you at this difficult time @garfield3

Thank you all for your kindness. Maybe I could sort something out at work with the phone. Xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65