Mum recently moved into a care home

Ali1234

Oct 19, 2023
I am trying to find my way through this maze of forms and necessities.
I filled in the financial assessment form and have been given a figure which was wrong which they adjusted straight away. I don't know if the care home will be sending the new one. But they are saying that as it is a temporary placement my mum's mortgage payments and service charges on the flat which my dad still lives in will be considered. I am not sure what will happen with that though as it will be all my mum's pension that is needed for it. In the meantime I will get the invoice. I have half the money I think it will be but my dad has spent the rest already, He is not well and gets a bit confused as well. My mum doesn't have an account of her own. He will need to go to a debt management charity because their mortgage nearly doubled with the rise in interest rates. That is in progress this week hopefully so long as he is well enough. I have applied for an appointeeship for the pension but still waiting for an appointment.
What happens if I don't pay the full invoice ? Will they insist my mum moves out ? The council found the home and will be paying most of the cost.

Ali1234

Oct 19, 2023
Good news is that they have sorted the temporary payments now and we have breathing space