Mum recently diagnosed.

Claire S

Aug 28, 2023
My mum has been diagnosed with Alzheimers and vascular dementia.
Always been a miserable person very unsociable. Everything is a no.. Hard work and not looking forward to the future.

ged626red

Jun 10, 2022
Chadderton near Oldham
Hi Claire S - So sorry to hear about your particular situation - is there anything that you mother actually likes to do - this sounds very very difficult for you - main thing is to get everything in place first off ie benefits (pip) and lasting power of attorney etc and then at least that would be one job done although I appreciate that this may be difficult. Maybe speak to admiral nurses who may well have come across this particular situation before in terms of your mother and they provide fantastic advice - good luck but I have found Talking point a good sounding board and I am sure someone will respond who has been in a similar situation to yourself on here - good luck

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Claire S and welcome to posting on our supportive and friendly community. Dealing with the constant negativity that dementia seems to generate can be very difficult. I hope that we can help you whenever you need to share with people who truly understand.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Claire S.

I’m glad you’ve found the forum and know you will get understanding and support here.

I wondered if this would be of any help to you -