Mum recent confusion

skinnny

May 5, 2020
I wanted to say mum is still confused about her new carehome, shes not sure of anything where she is, where she lived, she even asked if the carehome was her house. I try and make things clear for her but her confusion is so much worse since she left hospital 3 weeks ago. I've tried to contact the manager of the home but was kept on hold for 15mins and no one called me back. So I've phoned there head office and social services and am waiting to hear from them too. This is all very unsettling it could be a uti or it could be a decline but if it is it's very quick.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Am I right in saying that your mum was in hospital because she fell and broke a hip?

Its always a good idea to check for a UTI, but Im sorry to say that hospitalization, pain, broken bones and especially general aneasthesia can all progress dementia quire suddenly. Your mum may also have some degree of delirium, which might improve a bit, though probably not back to the level she was before.

Not being able to see her must be hard
((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))

skinnny

May 5, 2020
Thankx for your reply, I guess your right the hospital etc may have made her worse. It's just that she was doing ok just before she left hospital to go to care home. They are testing for a uti though.

Skinnny