Is this the early stages

David4u

May 4, 2024
Hello im david aged 77 my wife is 77 recently diagnosed with dementia and im disabled she is already occasionally forgetting my name and hallucinating which is frightening me. I'm hoping that god takes us first. Maybe wrong I don't know. She's had cancer three times and beaten this, now this it's cruel. I've written to the council asking for help as she can dress herself wash ok, her bowels and urine ok, she cooks ok nothing fancy but she eats. I've asked to meet a Dr as im livid with one of the Drs and I refuse to talk to him. So am I doing right, and is this the early stages as she can get into town ok to get her pension and the bus home.
David

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
What stage is she at?

It's difficult to be sure of the different stages as everyone is different and quite often people display behaviour across several different stages. The fact that she can still get into town and back on her own suggest early stages, but the hallucinations and forgetting your name are usually mid-stage behaviour, so who knows?

I'm not sure that knowing the stage is actually very helpful. You'll just have to take it as it comes and deal with the behaviour in front of you, I'm afraid