Mum in hospital

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Well they've cultured (if that's the right word) whatever it is they got from mum and she is now on super strong antibiotics. The ward sister said that if mum hadn't have been blocked from leaving she would have been back with them within 24 hours. Thankfully someone was on the ball.
I had a conversation with my brother this evening, he has been in New York with work, last week he was in Paris, he has a really good job with offices in all sorts of places. He thanked me tonight for helping get mum sorted and trying to keep my dad realistic and in some kind of routine. The thing is and I said this to him, I don't need thanks from him, if he were here and I was off round the world with work he would do as I am doing now.its just how it is. We have had a somewhat tumultuous relationship at times, he's 8 years older than me but up until tonight I think he's still seen me as a teenager as opposed to a 30 something with 3 children. i told him what I said to the nurse about have answers ready for my dad and I think he was a bit lost for words . I'm more than capable of getting what I want but we do things very differently, I don't stamp my feet!
Anyway, mum has no chance of going anywhere before Monday if then.
I am a happy bunny and to add to a good day my new boss (who doesn't work fridays) sent an e mail today and * me on the bottom and said I'd done a brilliant job today and dealt effectively with some difficult situations! high fived myself and everything. sometimes it's not all bad is it x

Shash7677

Sep 15, 2012
Nuneaton, warwickshire
Well mum has been discharged today, she had a scan yesterday to check all is well with her head and now she is back in her NH. hopefully she will stay there and there will be no more hospital visits x