Multi disciplinary team meeting

Bevvywevvy

Nov 22, 2023
Hello you lovely caring people. Im so so grateful to know that there are listening ears here who take the time to respond if possible. People who share their thoughts and ideas.
Can anyone help with an upcoming meeting, as to what I should be aware of, and how it goes?Im not writing this very well tbh. My precious is crying, half shouting, seems to be seeing things. Whenever i ask whats wrong, she says " nothing" in a perfectly normal voice. Its an ongoing situation. Sometimes she agrees to a hug, and starts off so tense, and then I can feel her gradually relax. So here i am. Wittering, knowing that it may be 6 am before she goes to bed, fully dressed if i don't catch her in time!

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
Would it be possible for you to have someone with you to take notes. You are allowed and it means you don’t need to worry about forgetting important points.
Also , if a professional states they will do something, ask them when it will be done by and how will they communicate with you when it is done and then make a note of this. Do this with every professional there, it will keep them on their toes but more importantly it will make them accountable.
Hope you get some sleep.

Last edited:

Bevvywevvy

Nov 22, 2023
Thank you so much for taking the time to suggest things that may help. I'll definitely try to get support. The annoying thing is that my husband could attend if we only had someone to look after precious one! Which is the whole point of having an mdt meeting.... duh doh.. maybe I'll just try to write stuff down and question them as you say. Its all so daunting though.

sue31

Oct 2, 2023
Medway
Hello you lovely caring people. Im so so grateful to know that there are listening ears here who take the time to respond if possible. People who share their thoughts and ideas.
Can anyone help with an upcoming meeting, as to what I should be aware of, and how it goes?Im not writing this very well tbh. My precious is crying, half shouting, seems to be seeing things. Whenever i ask whats wrong, she says " nothing" in a perfectly normal voice. Its an ongoing situation. Sometimes she agrees to a hug, and starts off so tense, and then I can feel her gradually relax. So here i am. Wittering, knowing that it may be 6 am before she goes to bed, fully dressed if i don't catch her in time!
I have mums MDT one this Thursday via a 2 hour Teams meeting.
She went through the DST one 2 weeks ago with 2 A’s a couple of B’s & the rest C’s.
I was told it would be me, a member of staff from the home and the RGN nurse that did the DST plus a person from the ICB and a social worker.

I did get a call from the sw who said she would be representing mum, I queried this as she had never set eyes on her and I wasn’t happy if she was only going by information given to her by the home. She said she would go to see her, so I pinned her down to a date & time & was at the home when she arrived. So now the only person I won’t have had previous contact with will be the ICB person.
Those I have met know that I will be standing up for mum, to make absolutely sure everything is in her “best interests” as we do not have H&W POA, and will not be steam rollered into anything that’s not.
I will be taking notes & also referring back to the original DST forms, various past episodes/experiences plus notes I have made on each visit to mum.

Reading other posts here the more ready you are the better.
So make notes daily, jot down points you want to raise & if you don’t agree speak up, you are her voice.

Bevvywevvy

Nov 22, 2023
@ sue31
thanks for your reply, it is such a lot to take in, isn't it? I am not sure if we've had a dst, in fact I'm trying to get up to speed with the various shortened words. And the meetings etc. I have managed to get the mdt meeting with a speech and therapy lady, from our house, she will make a zoom meeting with anyone else who will be involved. Im not very tech savvy, its a minefield, so I'm glad she has sorted it out. It now means that my husband can attend .I admire how you can negotiate it all, and will do my best for my girl too.