Mother's Day

Trigger20

Oct 14, 2020
Hi, I lost my mother to dementia two weeks ago, Mother's Day is on Sunday should I be made to feel bad for not wanting to be with my family and mother in law to celebrate Mother's Day. I really do not feel up to being with people on this day as in my heart all I shall be thinking of is that I shall never see my mother again, never speak to her, never hold her hand. Any advice would be appreciated x

Xhanlbxx

Aug 31, 2019
Hi, I lost my mother to dementia two weeks ago, Mother's Day is on Sunday should I be made to feel bad for not wanting to be with my family and mother in law to celebrate Mother's Day. I really do not feel up to being with people on this day as in my heart all I shall be thinking of is that I shall never see my mother again, never speak to her, never hold her hand. Any advice would be appreciated x
Not at all ! You do what is right for you and if they are good family members they would understand this - this is a day which you are going to naturally feel more loss so you look after yourself x

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
You do what is best for you. There is nothing worst (well actually there probably is - but) than having to put on a brave face for other people - been there, done it and it left me feeling angry and resentful and that is certainly not what you want or need.

Take care x

Trigger20

Oct 14, 2020
Not at all ! You do what is right for you and if they are good family members they would understand this - this is a day which you are going to naturally feel more loss so you look after yourself x
Thank you I shall take on board your advice xx

Trigger20

Oct 14, 2020
You do what is best for you. There is nothing worst (well actually there probably is - but) than having to put on a brave face for other people - been there, done it and it left me feeling angry and resentful and that is certainly not what you want or need.

Take care x
Thank you xx

cesar66

Feb 1, 2023
Hi Trigger20 I have also lost my mum a week ago today. I am sitting on my own on TP knowing others are going through the exact same grief and it gives me comfort that I'm not alone. Do what's best for you

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
Hello Trigger20: I understand how you feel. I too lost my mum in August last year. She was my best friend as well as my mum before her dementia deteriorated. I still don't want to be around people. I find it difficult to get any motivation in life and I find people just don't understand. You have to listen to your body not your head. I found in the few weeks after losing my mum I couldn't even go out and do a shop. I found it too difficult and everywhere I went I was in tears. Have you tried ringing Cruise bereavement? They have been really helpful to me. Take care and try not to do too much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65