1. Grable

Grable Registered User

May 19, 2015
    I couldn't find a Mother's Day card suitable for our current situation, so have ordered one from Moonpig and have added my own verse, which I thought I'd share here. It's not Shakespeare, but says what I want to say - and Mum used to write such verses to me when I was away studying, so I thought she might like this one:

Maybe your memory's not as before
    You can't do the things you did anymore
    But that won't stop us having fun
    Or stop me thinking the world of my mum!

I wanted a bit of brightness in the gloom that is dementia!

2. Kjn

Kjn Registered User

Jul 27, 2013
    That's lovely xx

3. Louby65

Louby65 Registered User

Mar 26, 2014
    Scotland
    How lovely Grable . More heartfelt than any of those cards on the shelf . I hope you and your mum have a lovely Mothers Day when it comes . Best wishes . Lou

4. Gwendy1

Gwendy1 Registered User

Feb 9, 2016
    Glasgow
    Lovely! :) X

5. Rachc79

Rachc79 Registered User

Jan 23, 2015
    Oldham
    That's lovely :)

6. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    That's just as good as Shakespeare, because it comes from the heart. I love it.

I couldn't find a card that really said what I wanted to say. And it's hard to find one with 'Mam'. Most of them are mum or mother, and I've never called her either of those.

In the end I got one that says 'From both of us on Mothers' Day' from me and my hubby. It has a smal verse inside which basically says that she has shown us love, and now it's our turn to show her our love.

None of the gushy verses were right, which is a shame because mam always loved a gushy verse :)

7. rachy0408

rachy0408 Registered User

Mar 4, 2016
    brought a tear to my eye

8. Ellaroo

Ellaroo Registered User

Nov 16, 2015
    Liverpool
    Brilliant idea , so thoughtful and kind xxx

9. Wendy C

Wendy C Registered User

Jan 29, 2012
    West Midlands
    How lovely :) xx

10. jknight

jknight Registered User

Oct 23, 2015
    Hampshire
    I know it's a bit late but I saw a card for 'Mam' in the Card Factory, today. Worth a look, if you have a branch near you?

11. Maggie Rosie

Maggie Rosie Registered User

Mar 5, 2016
    Thank you

First time I gave ever been on something like this, but found this site last night after another day of trying to find the right card for my mum. I find it the most difficult time of year! Most of the time I just accept what has happened to my wonderful mum and stick it in the back of my mind and get on supporting my dad. Next year I will do as you suggest and do something like moonpig and write my own words. Thanks for the suggestion.

12. janey106

janey106 Registered User

Dec 10, 2013
    Welcome!

Hi Maggie Rosie, welcome to TP. Hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I have. It's also good to feel you can help others when they need it. :)