Mother's Day card

Grable

May 19, 2015
I couldn't find a Mother's Day card suitable for our current situation, so have ordered one from Moonpig and have added my own verse, which I thought I'd share here. It's not Shakespeare, but says what I want to say - and Mum used to write such verses to me when I was away studying, so I thought she might like this one:

Maybe your memory's not as before
You can't do the things you did anymore
But that won't stop us having fun
Or stop me thinking the world of my mum!

I wanted a bit of brightness in the gloom that is dementia!

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
How lovely Grable . More heartfelt than any of those cards on the shelf . I hope you and your mum have a lovely Mothers Day when it comes . Best wishes . Lou

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
That's just as good as Shakespeare, because it comes from the heart. I love it.

I couldn't find a card that really said what I wanted to say. And it's hard to find one with 'Mam'. Most of them are mum or mother, and I've never called her either of those.

In the end I got one that says 'From both of us on Mothers' Day' from me and my hubby. It has a smal verse inside which basically says that she has shown us love, and now it's our turn to show her our love.

None of the gushy verses were right, which is a shame because mam always loved a gushy verse :)

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
That's just as good as Shakespeare, because it comes from the heart. I love it.

I couldn't find a card that really said what I wanted to say. And it's hard to find one with 'Mam'. Most of them are mum or mother, and I've never called her either of those.

In the end I got one that says 'From both of us on Mothers' Day' from me and my hubby. It has a smal verse inside which basically says that she has shown us love, and now it's our turn to show her our love.

None of the gushy verses were right, which is a shame because mam always loved a gushy verse :)

I know it's a bit late but I saw a card for 'Mam' in the Card Factory, today. Worth a look, if you have a branch near you?

Maggie Rosie

Mar 5, 2016
Thank you

I couldn't find a Mother's Day card suitable for our current situation, so have ordered one from Moonpig and have added my own verse, which I thought I'd share here. It's not Shakespeare, but says what I want to say - and Mum used to write such verses to me when I was away studying, so I thought she might like this one:

Maybe your memory's not as before
You can't do the things you did anymore
But that won't stop us having fun
Or stop me thinking the world of my mum!

I wanted a bit of brightness in the gloom that is dementia!

First time I gave ever been on something like this, but found this site last night after another day of trying to find the right card for my mum. I find it the most difficult time of year! Most of the time I just accept what has happened to my wonderful mum and stick it in the back of my mind and get on supporting my dad. Next year I will do as you suggest and do something like moonpig and write my own words. Thanks for the suggestion.

janey106

Dec 10, 2013
Welcome!

First time I gave ever been on something like this, but found this site last night after another day of trying to find the right card for my mum. I find it the most difficult time of year! Most of the time I just accept what has happened to my wonderful mum and stick it in the back of my mind and get on supporting my dad. Next year I will do as you suggest and do something like moonpig and write my own words. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Maggie Rosie, welcome to TP. Hope you find it as helpful and supportive as I have. It's also good to feel you can help others when they need it. :)