Mother wants my mobile number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayreadynow

Dec 31, 2023
Retirement villages usually only allow residents aged 55+ and Rayreadynow has a grandchild living with him.

Also, if he sells the family home to go into rented, 50% of the proceeds would belong to his wife so if she needs residential in the future, this money would be swallowed up in fees. Whilst he remains in the family home, only his wife's savings and income would be counted in any financial assessment.
It wasn't me who posted it it was RoyalOilfield .

But this was my whole point......the implication was he was unimpressed by people who were more concerned about someones inheritance and yet he will be concerned too about keeping as much of his assets as possible. so it seems an hypocritical criticism on behalf of RoyalOilfield.

GeorgieW

Mar 9, 2024
Erm...I assume you live in your own home at the moment? Why don't you sell your home and move into a retirement Village it's only £2,500 per month plus £200 per month service charges.

You mention £80,000 p.a. as if it were nothing but seemed to be concerned over £2.99 batteries being wasted. I really don't follow your train of thought

I think you missed the salient point form Royal Oilfields original post

"Mother in law, if I have my way, will be heading for a nursing/care home when the dust settles, my wife won't have her caring responsibility, my brother in law will be obliged to watch his inheritance dwindle, and grieve for it... Boo Hoo..."

TamsinT

Staff Member
Staff member
Sep 26, 2022
Hi everyone,

This thread has been closed as it has run its course.

Best wishes,

The Dementia Support Forum Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimding