Mom near the end

sooty

Feb 17, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
It has been a few years since I posted but now Mom is nearing the end and it is heartbreaking for me who has had to return to Canada to await teh call telling me that the time has come. She is now only eating on occasional days and very little pureed stuff. when i was over in the Uk in November I fed her but I know how long this can take just for some custard. She is very well cared for but this week she had a vomiting session too. She is turned regulary and in her ripple bed kept clean and washed but sleeps unless wakened. They tell me she could go anytime so frail so I wait and have awful anxiety. I have no family left in the Uk so will have to do this alone. I want to know how long this can go on for her and if anyone else is in the same position.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
So sorry to hear this Sooty
I hope not only for your Mum's sake but your's too, that Mums passing comes soon

It must be so difficult for you being so far away and my heart goes out to you.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello sooty, it must be so difficult waiting for news about your mum when you are so far away especially as you have no other relatives in the uk.
My mum has not reached this stage yet but I think from reading other threads that it can vary a lot.

turbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5