Mobile phone for person with mild learning disability

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I know the topic of mobile phones for those with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia has been posted on here before but I have a slightly different question.

My brother I would say has a mild learning disability and cannot handle things to do with technology. However, it is becoming apparent that a mobile phone would be useful for him when out, to call me or to call a taxi.

He could cope with simple easy to understand buttons and an easy to access contact list. He also cannot take in what people are saying very well so a better volume would be good. Does anyone know of such a phone which doesn't involve tapping through different menus etc. A "dumb" phone would be better than a smart one!

Thank you for any suggestions.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Thank you for the suggestions @Jessbow and @canary . I did think about the Doro phones but they seem to be smartphones which I thought might confuse him as he doesn't use the internet or want a camera. I will look in more detail - it looks as if the two on Amazon might have good reviews.

I was hoping for something quite cheap. I have a basic phone myself, an old Nokia, but there are buttons to press to get to different things and to go sideways etc. Even I found it at bit hard to get used to at first!

Does anyone have personal experience of using this type of phone?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsmagsey