Mobile phone for person with mild learning disability

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I know the topic of mobile phones for those with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia has been posted on here before but I have a slightly different question.

My brother I would say has a mild learning disability and cannot handle things to do with technology. However, it is becoming apparent that a mobile phone would be useful for him when out, to call me or to call a taxi.

He could cope with simple easy to understand buttons and an easy to access contact list. He also cannot take in what people are saying very well so a better volume would be good. Does anyone know of such a phone which doesn't involve tapping through different menus etc. A "dumb" phone would be better than a smart one!

Thank you for any suggestions.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Thank you for the suggestions @Jessbow and @canary . I did think about the Doro phones but they seem to be smartphones which I thought might confuse him as he doesn't use the internet or want a camera. I will look in more detail - it looks as if the two on Amazon might have good reviews.

I was hoping for something quite cheap. I have a basic phone myself, an old Nokia, but there are buttons to press to get to different things and to go sideways etc. Even I found it at bit hard to get used to at first!

Does anyone have personal experience of using this type of phone?