Mental Health Social Worker who's brain you can pick for 1 night only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

opaline

Nov 13, 2014
Thanks, chewplop, for offering some genuine help and I didn't find you in the least patronising, xx

Girlonthehill

Jan 1, 2015
Dorset
Thank yoy

Again I am sorry if my wording has caused offense it was simply my intention to demonstrate that I was unlikely to be on the site on a regular basis. I doubt I would be permitted to access this site during office hours and as I was working late tonight in the office thought i could offer some help. I certainly didn't mean to come across patronising:(

Thank you for taking the time to pop in. Some of us are tired, grouchy, wary, worried, frightened and gave come across some social workers we would rather never meet again but thank YOU for taking the time

lexy

Nov 24, 2013
Again I am sorry if my wording has caused offense it was simply my intention to demonstrate that I was unlikely to be on the site on a regular basis. I doubt I would be permitted to access this site during office hours and as I was working late tonight in the office thought i could offer some help. I certainly didn't mean to come across patronising:(

I think it is very kind of you to offer some advice, I used to work in a Social Services department, not as a social worker, and I know that most of them had very heavy caseloads.

For someone on here to call you patronising is just bad mannered and ignorant and their unfortunate attitude can be off putting and they are the sort that will argue that "black is white" so please try and ignore this rudeness. Perhaps you could join TP and offer some advice if and when you have the time, but thanks for the offer anyway. I hope you will continue to post.

Last edited:

chrisdee

Nov 23, 2014
Yorkshire
Thank you chewplop, stick with us, please!
Jenniferpa, moderator, I think you have read this wrong. she has been brave enough to put her head above the paraphet, don't chop it off before she gets started. Speaking for myself I am ready to learn from anyone if they have valuable advice, especially so from official sources. I think most members might feel similarly.

Last edited by a moderator:

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
This discussion has closed.

Talking Point members are free to share their experiences, but we ask everyone to follow the rules of this forum which can be viewed here. We are a peer support community - so members should not post in an advisory capacity i.e. instruct or advise others on what to do; and should not post in an inflammatory manner or in a way which could cause upset to others.

I hope this is clear but if you have questions you can contact me via PM or by emailing talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bebb