Memantine pill

daddygirl

Mar 31, 2024
My father has started on Memantine and since then which is day 5 he is acting more confused anyone else had this

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
My father has started on Memantine and since then which is day 5 he is acting more confused anyone else had this
Memantine has various effects.
There could be another cause, a likely one is a UTI, maybe have a urine test and talk to GP before stopping memantine.

saraht40

Mar 27, 2024
How is your father now? my mother has been on it for nearly 4 weeks and is also more confused since starting it

Runawaytrain

May 17, 2021
My husband became much more verbally aggressive when he started to take memantine, his confidence in moving around independently also dipped massively. After 10 days the memory clinic advised stopping it and his demeanour became much calmer although his mobility never recovered.

Rayreadynow

Dec 31, 2023
@Rayreadynow , with all due respect, I would assume that the GP or Mental Health Team is already involved. Who else would be prescribing the Memantine?
Advanced Nurse Practitioner can prescribe if registered to do so. What I meant was, for a GP or Mental Health Team to assess the impact of taking Memantine because normally a titration pack has 28 day tablets
7 @ 5mg @10mg @15mg and @20mg and 10 days did not seem very long before stopping.