massy

massy

Oct 13, 2013
carmarthenshire
hi. Mam had her assessment today with a uti. They decided to go along with it anyway. She did very well scoring 23 out of 30. Much better than the last score of 15 out of 30. They are going to put her on medication but this will take a few weeks. They gave me an information package with some useful numbers and told me to get in touch with SS to have my mother on their files, but I feel at the moment I don,t need the help of carers but I know I will. They asked her how she felt about going in to respite or perhaps a daycare centre, there is no way she is going to do that, she just kept saying my daughter looks after me. there no need. How nice to be so oblivious.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
That's a good result.

Even if you think that don't need help at the moment now is the time to contact SS and ask for two assessments usually called Community Care Assessment for your Mam and Carers' Assessment for yourself. Your LA may call them something else but they should understand what you are asking.

Last edited:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
This is the link to the Society's information in these assessments. Like Nitram I think it's a good idea to have these done now. They can always been done again/updated when necessary.

Community Care Assessment