Lucy died this afternoon

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Lucy died with her daughter and Harriet, Celia and me at her bedside this afternoon
She was very peaceful we felt it was such a precious time
when I got there her daughter had asked for the chaplain to come and she arrived about ten minutes later
she anointed her with oil and prayed with her and Lucy seemed responsive
A friend on holiday in Italy sent me an email this morning saying he had this impression that Jesus was holding Lucys hand and I told Lucy that and she seemed very comforted by it
We sat and held her hands and I had taken some lily of the valley which I put on her pillow from the garden
Harriet arrived about 20 mins later and we sat with Lucy while Jenny went to the loo
Just as she returned Celia arrived and the nurses then said they were going to change the sheets and make her more comfortable so we went outside the curtains
They then called Jenny in and said that Lucy was going so jenny called us in and she died a couple of minutes later
We left Jenny to have some time with her alone and after she had come out we went back in and prayed together our hands linked, with our arms in a circle over Lucy and then after that said our goodbyes
I am so glad she went to peacefully and so quickly.
The nurse was shaking afterwards, as she said she hadnt expected her to slip away so quickly but that was what we had prayed for, a peaceful release.
i went to a friends for tea as that was what I had planned to do
I am feeling numb at the moment but I am sure at some point it will reach through the ice
Thanks for all your support and loving kindness you have shown me
Sarah

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry Sarah. You have been a wonderful friend and carer to Lucy and I`m sure you are so grateful her passing was peaceful.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Thinking of you Sarah, sorry for your loss, but pleased that it was peaceful and you were all with her.

Love
Sue
x

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
So sad for you Sarah, but wasn't it wonderful that you could all be together with Lucy at the end. God bless. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jan xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Sarah I'm so sorry for you loss. I'm so glad you were there with her at the end. Thinking if you. x

jude50

Dec 28, 2011
Cardiff
Sarah.

So sorry to hear your news but it was a blessing that it was a peaceful passing surrounded by people who loved and cared.

Jude

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry to hear this news, Sarah. I am glad you could be with Lucy at the end and that her passing was so peaceful.

You have been a very special friend to Lucy.
My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Sarah - I'm so sorry, and so thankful that you were there to make Lucy's passing so peaceful. I really think she will have known about and appreciated your presence so very much. I am keeping you and Lucy's family in my prayers xxxx

linda1scot

Aug 2, 2011
north lanarkshire
Dearest sarah

i am so sorry to hear about Lucy but what a blessing that you were all there to pray with her and that she had a peaceful end to this life.

i found this poem tonight in a book called 'my mom has alzheimers' and i thought it appropriate.

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower strewn paths all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
joy without sorrow, peace without pain.
But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labour, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love.

With love and prayers

Linda xx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Glad Lucy went peacefully with all her family and extended family with her
You was a great carer Sarah my thoughts are with you all
Lots of love larivy

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Sarah,

Lucy was blessed to be surrounded by people who loved her. I am so sorry for your loss and hope that you, too, will feel surrounded by love at this sad time.

Love and a (HUG)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireBryceSmith