LPA not enough.

Kelvin20

May 13, 2022
Although i have LPA for my husband i have been advised that in some circumstances it is not enough and i should also have a Section 47 certificate. The problem arose when booking covid booster and was told I needed it then. I have never heard of this and would be grateful f anyone could enlighten me. Thanks in anticipation.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I work at a vaccine centre- to my knowledge no one has ever ben asked to provide one for their loved one. If your husband is thereand not resising, surely thats enough?

Kelvin20

May 13, 2022
Thanks for replying. I was told if a person has Alzheimers they did not have the capacity to decide if they want to be vaccinated. I expect we should just turn up and see what happens.

Canna

Jan 24, 2022
I'm in Scotland, and am LPA for my mum, and she does not have capacity. She's now in a care home: the home ring me to let me know that her jags are due, I tell them I'm happy with that, and she has her jags (covid, flu). Section 47 has never been mentioned.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
In Scotland there is not a proforma LPA, each one is drafted independently.
There could be some significant difference in the two LPAs mentioned in this thread.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andypee