Lpa and certificate provider

Barbienken

Aug 14, 2017
Hi I've just completed online the 2 LPA forms. Paid and printed off ready to sign. Now my friend who was going to be my certificate provider has had a stroke. I don't know if she will be able to sign. How can I get the information changed???

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
You can print off blank pages and insert them into the correct places. So, you can print off a new copy of the page naming your certificate provider and fill in a new certificate provider's details if you have someone to take their place. You will need to print double sided with the opposite page and fill that in again. We did it a few times to avoid correcting and signing off every spelling mistake, and the final document was accepted.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Welcome to TP
I'd contact the OPG and ask them. Problem is with a stroke there could be brain damage varying from minor to major so having it signed by someone with "unknown" capacity themselves could be difficult, they still work on physical signatures but if there is any doubt about the persons fitness to sign I'd be very careful.
I thought the certificate provider had to sign at the same time as the donor or is that just a witness?
If you've done it on line you could cancel it, print off all the documents and do it on paper with a different certificate provider on the paper version.
K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark65