Loss of dog

Tabitha2

Sep 17, 2022
I really struggled dealing with the loss of my last cat (had 5 over the years, and the grief each time seemed harder to cope with rather than easier). I actually rang the Blue Cross Pet Bereavement Line, and that helped me - they were so understanding. He was not "just a pet" just an animal" he was my companion and friend. Two years on and I still cry about him sometimes (well for all of them), but the pain lessens gradually. Harder in a way with a dog, since your life is structured around their needs for exercise, etc., whereas cats just "do their thing" and you fit in around them!

Angel55

Oct 23, 2023
We had to say goodbye to our lovely cocker spaniel yesterday.any advice please.
💗 We lost our black cocker 2 ago he was the most wonderful dog lived to 14 and a bit. We took a year to scatter his ashes which helped. We took him to his favourite beach and wrote his name in the sand. He was a truly wonderful friend and companion. I know blue cross do a helpline xx. People who were not dog lovers would say he was just a dog but he was purchased when my mum was ill, for our children then 9 and 7 to help with the grief and he had a very very special purpose.

My daughter persuaded us to have another dog a year ago. This cocker will be our last dog for a puppy to full grown. I was 15 years younger when we had our other one lol.. I still miss my old dog x

It is like any other loss you feel it with your heart and it takes time to come to terms with. Sending you a hug x

Nikki Rad

Sep 14, 2016
Losing a pet is incredibly tough, especially when they've been such a big part of your life like your cocker spaniel. It's natural to feel a mix of emotions right now. Remembering the good times, like those walks in the park or cozy evenings together, can bring some comfort amidst the sadness. Taking care of yourself physically during this time can also make a difference. Getting outside for walks, eating well, and keeping up with regular routines can help lift your spirits and provide a sense of normalcy. It's okay to take things one day at a time and lean on loved ones for support as you navigate through this loss