looks like im here again

POPPY67

Mar 5, 2010
yorkshire
hi every one not been here for a while (sorry) looks like MIL as signs of A/S been in hospital now for 4 weeks had a bowel op as was ruptured ! any way seem she is repeating the same things all the time asking same question with in seconds of giving the answers saying been to the opera! or on a bus trip said a friend had visited but she died years ago hubby seen all this when my mam 1st started out but no one in his family will listen to him head in sand so to speak! i hope we wrong but i don't think so !

Goingitalone

Feb 11, 2010
Hi Poppy,

Strange how people go into denial at the thought of a relative having dementia.

Happened in our family, too.

Now Mum is in a care home they're gradually coming to terms with it-too late to have been any help to myself or my brother, who had to live with it with sympathy from no-one but me. :(

Hope they come to terms and help you with all that needs to be done.

Hugs,

Maggie

together

May 25, 2010
Derbyshire
Oh Poppy, life can be so cruel. I find myself watching my Dad so carefully along with my in laws after losing Mum. I convince myself that it's dads age and the stress of losing Mum but know one day I may have to come to terms if things worsened.
Sending love to you all Katherine x

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Strange side effects

Funny isn't it how Dementia causes the strange side effect of Denial in Families???? Dementia is caused by a broken brain and it's not been proved to be contagious.....yet!! Still I'd rather be looked after by a total stranger than a relative who hated me for what I was doing to them by having Dementia, ( and I don't mean the sad family who hate the disease because it has robbed them of a Mum or Dad but the ones who find the Mum having dementia is a personal inconvenience to them). Kind thoughts....Maureen.