looking after lynn

chingford

Nov 28, 2011
Essex
About 10 weeks ago my wife who has Alz and V. Dem. Was as low as i had ever seen her.Could not talk.semi conscious.I thought i was going to lose her.i

stopped the drug memantine she was on.has been for about 2 3 years now. and concentrated on her diet ,to start the day she has vitamin B complex liquid form.then during the day 3 large hot glasses full cream milk with one and a half packets of complan to each glass. topped up with one or two Fresubin drinks.when and if required.lynn can not take solid food.She has much improved since then.She can talk now and makes sense most of the time.every one has noticed the vast improvement .i feel i have got my wife back.not just some one i was caring for.I think a Fresubin or complan during the night is very good as well.I believe keeping the body topped up with these drinks is essential. Chingfofd

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
Very glad to hear your good news Chingford. And thanks for the post. Other people's experiences, especially here on TP where we all deal daily with dementia, are incredibly helpful.

steffie60

Jan 22, 2013
Hampshire
Thank you, this is really helpful. My mum's appetite is birdlike and sometimes I struggle to tempt her.
I hope your wife continues to do well.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Talking Point mobile app

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylauk