Local Adult Services

DAL

Sep 9, 2016
Hello All,

So I contacted the Local Adult Services department of my local council today to request a care assessment for Dad and for myself as his carer. I've been told the process takes 3-4 weeks to arrange, which is fine but I was told that they don't provide a lot of things unless it's help with washing and dressing or cooking.

Anyone have experience in receiving a care plan for their PWD? What things do you get help with?

Dawn

Penmon79

Oct 24, 2016
North Wales
We have no experience of a Care Assessment because my M-in-L is self funding but we have had a Carer's Assessment; this entitles us to three hours a week respite and cover when we, the carers, have medical appointments.
You need looking after too!

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Hello All,

So I contacted the Local Adult Services department of my local council today to request a care assessment for Dad and for myself as his carer. I've been told the process takes 3-4 weeks to arrange, which is fine but I was told that they don't provide a lot of things unless it's help with washing and dressing or cooking.

Anyone have experience in receiving a care plan for their PWD? What things do you get help with?

Dawn

Hi, I care for my Mum with AD and my disabled daughter who both live with me. My experience is that they offer nothing. My Mum's attendance at a day centre was arranged by me, as was her attendance at the memory clinic. The sitters that come to sit with her to give me a break was arranged by me and payment for all those things are paid for by my Mum as she is above the threshold for financial help. My daughter gets a better service to be fair.
It can vary quite a bit to depending on where you live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bcaputo5