Like a Hyperactive toddler...

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Well, I was planning to move some of Rob's things into his room at the new care home, but the room, when I went in last week, wasn't ready. And I've been waiting to hear from them, but haven't.

Meanwhile my cough and a tummy bug also laid me low, so nothing has moved forward, and I had to cancel Sunday pub lunch for Rob's birthday( his brother and sister in law were coming down for the day specially. ) Daughter in law and the grandddaughters took cupcakes and presents in to him, bless them.

Today I'm making a big effort to find some energy and will check on how he is. Am beginning to wonder if I have the energy to see a move through, especially not having heard that his room is ready.

IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A REALLY PERFECT CARE HOME.?

Oh Anne, I'm soooo sorry you are so poorly, no wonder everything is getting on top of you. I don't think there is a perfect CH, I just wish there was. Hopefully when you do hear the room is ready, have you friends/relatives that can help you with the move. It's too much for you alone, especially as you are still under the weather. I'm sorry I can't offer you real help, but send a massive (((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))) and am thinking of you. Lots of love, Diana xxxxxxxxx

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A REALLY PERFECT CARE HOME.?

Well, no, obviously! Unless you've moved to some alternative reality where life itself is perfect............... Please don't go into this move thinking that this new home, or any home will be 'perfect'.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
No, of course not. I'm hoping it will suit him better, It's quieter, and the place where he is currently is always noisy, which distresses him.

Yesterday I visited the new place again with my daughter in law, and made final arrangements. It's a nice room, and he'll have his own little conservatory. Today we are going to tell the current place that he will be moving somewhere more conveniently placed for the family. I don't think my tummy will settle down until it's all over....

Last edited:

Mammamu

Jan 10, 2017
Bucks
No, of course not. I'm hoping it will suit him better, It's quieter, and the place where he is currently is always noisy, which distresses him.

Yesterday I visited the new place again with my daughter in law, and made final arrangements. It's a nice room, and he'll have his own little conservatory. Today we are going to tell the current place that he will be moving somewhere more conveniently placed for the family. I don't think my tummy will settle down until it's all over....

Good morning,

Wishing you all the best with the move!

Hope your day has smiles,love & sunshine
Hugs mammamu

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
R Anne, I was nervous about my mother moving to the dementia unit in her care home last fall. I was sure she would hate it and be upset. It's actually been beneficial for her. There was too much activity and stimulation on the other ward and it was agitating her. Less stimulus and more routine have been good for her. I hope the new place works out for you. Sending warm wishes.

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Take all the help offered to make the move :). I hope you both settle quickly into the new room & your OH likes the conservatory.

Only a few more weeks & you can hopefully relax as things get better :)

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
That's exactly what I'm hoping for Amy. Yesterday a friend and I dropped in there with him just for a cup of tea, and he must have felt, as I do, that his place is so much more like home. He was relaxed and positive, and even shook hands and introduced himself by name in the old charming confident way that I haven't seen for well over a year..

Of course nothing is perfect, but I do feel we are on the right track.

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
That's exactly what I'm hoping for Amy. Yesterday a friend and I dropped in there with him just for a cup of tea, and he must have felt, as I do, that his place is so much more like home. He was relaxed and positive, and even shook hands and introduced himself by name in the old charming confident way that I haven't seen for well over a year..

Anne that's so lovely to read about your Rob being relaxed and positive in the new CH. You yourself must have felt happier. Lets hope the move goes smoothly. xxxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
From reading your thread, Anne, a new home would have to go a long way to be worse than where he is. Instead, it sounds very positive, and sounds like he will be much more comfortable, and better looked after, with more to engage him. Best wishes with the move.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Di and LadyA already said, but good to hear of your positive visit to the new place yesterday Anne. Hope it all goes through quickly and smoothly.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent

That`s the best news I`ve heard from you in a long time Anne. Long may it last. :)

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
There's a new chap where Rob currently is who is always agitatedly looking for his dog, rather like Ann Mac's( so bizarre thread) MIL and her baby. Rob has also had gunmen and sinister people plotting harm. After a period of utter incomprehension and zombie-Dom, one of his meds was halved, and then he went through a very frightened stage, and now he can speak articulately again. Yesterday he said very clearly he feels that he's been abandoned by everyone. I was sad for the way he was feeling, but so surprised and pleased that he could actually communicate it so clearly.... I was able to say I'd found "us"another place, more peaceful, which I think we would prefer, and he seemed pleased, in the moment at least....

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
.... Yesterday he said very clearly he feels that he's been abandoned by everyone. I was sad for the way he was feeling, but so surprised and pleased that he could actually communicate it so clearly.... I was able to say I'd found "us"another place, more peaceful, which I think we would prefer, and he seemed pleased, in the moment at least....

That's so good to read :). Long may it last RA

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Yesterday he said very clearly he feels that he's been abandoned by everyone. I was sad for the way he was feeling, but so surprised and pleased that he could actually communicate it so clearly.... I was able to say I'd found "us"another place, more peaceful, which I think we would prefer, and he seemed pleased, in the moment at least....

I'm glad you were able to reassure Rob, at least in the moment, Anne.

I hope the move happens quickly, and without any stress for either you or Rob - it's going to be better than where he is now, and fingers crossed, Rob can settle and be much happier there - and you will be much happier too xxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Anne, things are sounding much more positive. I do hope the move can happen soon and the positive reaction he had during the visit becomes a more permanent state of affairs. I'd like to think you're feeling a bit more relaxed about it but I expect that's too much to hope for until the move has actually been made. xxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Rob's new room is all ready for him to move into tomorrow. At the old care home today they had given him a strong laxative and he had had a humiliating accident, and my, was he angry! Hoping against hope he has a better day tomorrow.....a full moon seems to make a lot of people restless.it was noticeable today....

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Rob's new room is all ready for him to move into tomorrow. At the old care home today they had given him a strong laxative and he had had a humiliating accident, and my, was he angry! Hoping against hope he has a better day tomorrow.....a full moon seems to make a lot of people restless.it was noticeable today....

Hi Anne, so happy for you and Rob that the move is going ahead tomorrow, I do feel for him having such a humiliating accident the embarrassment would have made me angry too.
Hope all goes well tomorrow will be thinking of you. Xxxx