Hi everyone, at last I feel that there is a light at the end of my very dark tunnel!!MIL (94) is due to go for respite next Tuesday, hubby and I have taken the advice posted on my previous thread, taken the plunge and have spoke to the social worker regarding the home keeping Mum permanently as we just cannot cope having her back home with us. Now heard that a permanent vacancy is available, all we have told Mum is that she is going for 2 weeks, why then do I feel so, so guilty???? social worker says Mum (with dementia who changes her mind at whim) will still have to agree to stay permanently at the CH, how can this be? why should she be allowed to make the decision? we all know that it is the best thing for her long term, she has deteriorated so much and is a danger at home even with us here 24/7. If she doesn't agree to stay then I am dreading the next course of events as hubby will have to tell her that I have left him and our marriage. I hope with all my heart that her CPN and social worker will persuade her during her 2 week stay that she will be better off in the home, but knowing my MIL she will dig her toes firmly in. So, I can see the light but with a very heavy heart, I did not wish for things to end up this way, wish us luck!