1. nikita

nikita Registered User

Jul 31, 2004
    today made me so glad that im alive and will now adopt a live for today attitude, ive just found out someone i work with has leukemia and will be unlikely to see christmas diagnosis was on thursday, hes only about 40 and it had devestated alla t work. it puts my grad ad into perspective at least she had a long healthy life.

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I know what you mean - a friend of mine at work may have breast cancer. It puts things into perspective doesn't it?

Izzy

3. Kriss

Kriss Registered User

May 20, 2004
    Shropshire
    My husbands just returned from a football match and on the way witnessed a car accident in which 2 young men died at the scene. Who can say what's around the corner?

I really must work on that folder that was suggested in another thread - the one labelled "what to do if..."

Sobering thoughts all round

Kriss

4. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear All,

It does make sense to live each day as if were your last, doesn't it?

Jude

5. barraf

barraf Registered User

Mar 27, 2004
    Huddersfield
    Dear All

When people say (as they do) "there is nothing for getting old" I always reply "It is better than the alternative"

Cheers Barraf

6. susie

susie Registered User

Nov 30, 2003
    shropshire
    Hello everyone
    I have a friend in our village whose husband has secondary cancer and in a lot of pain so I try to count my blessings that my husband isn't in pain with AD. There has to be a silver lining somewhere with this illness.
    Susie

7. storm

storm Registered User

Aug 10, 2004
    notts
    Hi all, I think with mum the stage shes at now she is happier than shes been in a long time i know this might sound strange but look at it this way she feels safe, she as companionship,regular meals and is loved.Iknow things might change and she may well move to another stage and things may be terrible but today lifes good and thats fine by me.

8. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Hi every body
    remember what I have said so many times,all together now"Day to day",it's the only way.Theres a poem there somewhere!
    Live day to day and if you can help someone along the way ,do it
    Norman