life

nikita

Jul 31, 2004
today made me so glad that im alive and will now adopt a live for today attitude, ive just found out someone i work with has leukemia and will be unlikely to see christmas diagnosis was on thursday, hes only about 40 and it had devestated alla t work. it puts my grad ad into perspective at least she had a long healthy life.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I know what you mean - a friend of mine at work may have breast cancer. It puts things into perspective doesn't it?

Izzy

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
My husbands just returned from a football match and on the way witnessed a car accident in which 2 young men died at the scene. Who can say what's around the corner?

I really must work on that folder that was suggested in another thread - the one labelled "what to do if..."

Sobering thoughts all round

Kriss

barraf

Mar 27, 2004
Huddersfield
Dear All

When people say (as they do) "there is nothing for getting old" I always reply "It is better than the alternative"

Cheers Barraf

susie

Nov 30, 2003
shropshire
Hello everyone
I have a friend in our village whose husband has secondary cancer and in a lot of pain so I try to count my blessings that my husband isn't in pain with AD. There has to be a silver lining somewhere with this illness.
Susie

storm

Aug 10, 2004
notts
Hi all, I think with mum the stage shes at now she is happier than shes been in a long time i know this might sound strange but look at it this way she feels safe, she as companionship,regular meals and is loved.Iknow things might change and she may well move to another stage and things may be terrible but today lifes good and thats fine by me.

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi every body
remember what I have said so many times,all together now"Day to day",it's the only way.Theres a poem there somewhere!
Live day to day and if you can help someone along the way ,do it
Norman