Letter from My MP

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
and how I enjoyed reading it!

I'm wishing I hadn't been in so much of a hurry to bin mine but it arrived when I was far from fighting fit.

well done

Kriss

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Suggest you do send it not only to a national paper, but also to whoever is your MPs opposition candidate ..... there is an election next year you know.

Even if you dont send it around whenever i write something like this I always state the CC's on the foot of the letter so they know who else has seen this....does sometimes work.

We have some local issues which our resident labour MP has totally ignored, but when put to the Tory candidate hey presto it's all be sorted. Now I wouldnt personally vote Tory but I will vote for this chap in the local elections purely for getting involved.

Keep it up, I know it is frustrating but keep asking the question it's your right

TED

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Ted
you have the right idea play one against the other.
One year I had a lift to the polls in a Tory car and voted labour.
I n our area the Liberal party is very active and they will help in all sorts of ways and hope you will change sides.
To further our AD cause anything is fair in politics
Norman

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Well done Barraff, I've enjoyed reading this too. I am sure there are many of the Great British Public who read a newspaper who would enjoy reading it too. Love She. XX

Clive

Nov 7, 2004
have read with interest the posts on the subject of EDM 1621 and letters to MPs. In my case I was getting no reply at all. I first e-mailed from the AS site. Then I e-mailed direct to my MP at the Houses of Parliament. Then I visited his local office. None of this got a reply, or the EDM signed. So I wrote another letter asking him to sign the EDM.
Rather than post the letter I went to his Saturday surgery and personally handed it to him. With me sitting in front of him, with several people listening in, he immediately agreed to sign. May I suggest that you all do the same and go and look your MP in the eye and get him to tell you exactly why he has not signed.

By the way my MP asked what else the AS would be doing before the election. And I also think it is a good idea to talk to the opposition!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch