Lasting Power Of Attorney

stagetom

Sep 3, 2023
My Grandmother has had dementia now for about 2 years. A family member (let's call him John) tried to set up a LPA without my grandmothers permission to take all grandmothers money and sell her house to receive all profit.
She received the letter and thankfully revoked it as she was not happy. Since then we have set up an LPA so a third party solicitor is in control of her health and finances.
John is coming down to visit next week. Grandmother has forgiven him for the LPA incident but I am worried that he might try and persuade her to revoke current LPA (deed of revocation) and make it him instead so he can change will.

Who would need to witness/sign this deed of revocation. John has forged grandmothers signature before.
As a solicitor is LPA would John need their signature as well to make changes or not? I am very worried.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The current LPA would be notified of the revocation and would probably query it, you could warn the solicitor of your concerns.
make it him instead so he can change will.
An attorney cannot change a will.

stagetom

Sep 3, 2023
The current LPA would be notified of the revocation and would probably query it, you could warn the solicitor of your concerns.

An attorney cannot change a will.
Hello thanks so much solicitor has already been warned!

Would solicitor also be notified if there was a revocation?

How would current LPA be notified?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I thought solicitor was LPA, if not they would not be informed.

The current LPA will be notified that a new LPA is being processed and that they would loose the power when new LPA granted, this is when they can complain about the new application.

stagetom

Sep 3, 2023
I thought solicitor was LPA, if not they would not be informed.

The current LPA will be notified that a new LPA is being processed and that they would loose the power when new LPA granted, this is when they can complain about the new application.
Sorry the solicitor and my mother are joint LPA.

Would they receive this revocation via letter? As my mother has changed address since and worries letter would get lost/mislaid/sent to wrong address

Thanks

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The revocation is sent by the donor to the OPG who inform LPAs by letter.
Solicitor as LPA will be notified, stop worrying.