Labels

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Not sure where I should've put this thread.:rolleyes:

Can anyone recommend best labelling for clothing, bit premature but with us trying to get dad into another day care (which is a dementia home also) and would love to get respite if ever comes up:confused: mum will need to label everything.
X

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
Just go on to A***** or google it. There are several companies online which will print names etc on to labels. Choose a mixture of stick on, sew on and iron on. These can be used for caps and spectacles, slippers and pyjamas, shirts and underwear. I label everything of my husbands so if he does get lost or loses an item his name is on everything.

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
I have used these for sticky (to go on clothing label) and iron-on (for socks and woolies). None have ever come off. Nice to be able to make your own design which stands out easier than just a name. :)

www.mynametags.com

Last edited:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I used attach-a-tag buttons, which don't come off in the laundry. They don't come cheap, but I found them worth the extra as I only needed to put them on once. The buttons can be removed and reused. I also know there is a similar system, which others have used, but no sure of the name!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I used the embroidered ones and ordered them from the local school uniform shop. I sewed them on and never had a problem with them coming off. In fact when replacing well washed garments Inunpicked them and put them on the new clothes.

Iron on ones went on socks, drew the line on sewing two labels onto a pair.

Remember labels on remote controls, glass cases and shavers plus any cushions or throws you may put in the room. I even put one on the base of my husband's table lamp.

With remotes, glasses and shavers all looking very similar it helps to identify the owner of the right one.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
Thanks everyone.
Jaymor I hadn't thought of other items in room too, glasses etc...always losing those :rolleyes: thanks again.
X Kerry

Tara62

Feb 25, 2015
West Yorkshire and East Anglia
I got the nice, old-fashioned embroidered sew-in ones for my mum's clothes, and then found that the care home put huge iron-on ones with her name in big black marker pen on everything. Obviously, they thought my choice of labels was too hard to see easily. Their great big things spoiled all her clothes, and they looked like they would be quite scratchy and irritating, too.

I'd agree about putting labels on everything, not just clothes. Everything in a care home goes walkabout at some point.