Keep on dying

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
Sorry, i have not seen that advert. Perhaps you could give abit more detail of the advert, of the channel it is on, and type of advert etc.
Seems an odd thing to say 'keep on dying'. But knowing the context may help to understand why the comment was used.
Sadly comments can get lost in translation.

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
What do they mean in the TV advert on Alzheimer's about ' keep on dying'?
It’s where the person with dementia gradually forgets things which used to be fundamental to them. For the person in the advert, it’s how to cook a roast dinner, or the names of their children. It can be different things to different people. To their carers, it feels like losing them a little more, each time one of those horrible milestones happens. Like you’re watching them die in steps and in slow motion, and there’s nothing we can do to stop it.

I still remember the last time my Mum cooked a roast dinner for me. She was always so proud of her cooking skills and was truly talented at both keeping her family well-fed, and sometimes turning out the fanciest meals, desserts and cakes. She was a great cook. Nothing will ever taste as good as my Mum’s roast dinner, and realising I will never eat one again has been awful.

At least it doesn’t affect Mum that way. She’s still convinced that she makes three meals a day, when she hasn’t cooked anything in years now. The last time she tried, she nearly set fire to the kitchen, bless her.

Alberta23

Oct 15, 2023
Hi Chris100, found the advert.
They are saying that each time a person with Alzheimer's struggles to remember key people, events, skills, memories, part of them dies a little bit each time.
So they die bit by bit. Often over many years.
Alzheimer's is cruel in that the brain gradually fails.
So the man comments on his mum dying a bit, when she couldnt remember making meals.
Dies again when she suddenly couldnt remember her husband.
He was gradually losing his mum. That that was hard to cope with . Hard to see those areas of his mum's life being erased from her memory. Her memory dying. Then his mum died.
It does mention in the forum email that it is very hard hitting. But they are trying to highlight that 50% of the population die from Alzheimer's/dementia. So it needs far more resources going into supporting elderly people, their families, and support services.
Hope that helps.

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021
Hi Chris100, found the advert.
They are saying that each time a person with Alzheimer's struggles to remember key people, events, skills, memories, part of them dies a little bit each time.
So they die bit by bit. Often over many years.
Alzheimer's is cruel in that the brain gradually fails.
So the man comments on his mum dying a bit, when she couldnt remember making meals.
Dies again when she suddenly couldnt remember her husband.
He was gradually losing his mum. That that was hard to cope with . Hard to see those areas of his mum's life being erased from her memory. Her memory dying. Then his mum died.
It does mention in the forum email that it is very hard hitting. But they are trying to highlight that 50% of the population die from Alzheimer's/dementia. So it needs far more resources going into supporting elderly people, their families, and support services.
Hope that helps.
Thank you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingfisherl