1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Just had this come..............

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Maywalk, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Maywalk

Maywalk Registered User

Apr 16, 2014
    In my "I AM LUCKY" posting I put up where I had found hubbys big band sounds on U-Tube and how he came alive when listening and watching them.

My niece has just sent this to me and it is well worth watching the change in this gentleman.
    As this rotten ailment is rife wordwide this is a video from the USA.
    I just hope I have NOT put it in the wrong place and get ticked off about it.

http://sfglobe.com/2015/03/27/unres...=31286_promo_1442856504&eid=43618_a&pid=31286

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Hi Maywalk. I've posted that video and continue to post it any chance I get! I think it is one of the most powerful things I've seen. There's one with a lady as well. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it -

http://youtu.be/CrZXz10FcVM

3. Maywalk

Maywalk Registered User

Apr 16, 2014
    SO VERY UPLIFTING.
    Thankyou for adding it to this thread Izzy.

4. esmeralda

esmeralda Registered User

Nov 27, 2014
    Devon
    Thanks Izzy and Maywalk, beautiful and inspiring.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. NanLorac

NanLorac Registered User

May 14, 2012
    Female
    Scotland
  6. Maywalk

Maywalk Registered User

Apr 16, 2014
    I will watch that tomorrow Nan.
    Thanks for putting it on here.

7. Jinx

Jinx Registered User

Mar 13, 2014
    Pontypool
    I wish I'd known more about this when my Dad had dementia, he died 25 years ago but he loved singing and always sang to me when I was a child. It would have helped him. My husband loves classical music and it does help to calm him.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

8. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Oh Izzy. I'm stunned. By both films.

9. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    They're quite amazing aren't they?