Jury Service

Jane.B

Dec 7, 2007
Hampshire
I'm really cross which I know is silly, but my husband Rupert who is 81 has been sent a summons for jury service. I know it'll probably just mean a telephone call tomorrow to sort it all out, but I could really do without the agrivation. I thought that the authorities would check ages of people before sending out the forms.
Sorry to rant, but I'm also really worried about him, since his fall and fractured femour, he's not really improving, oh the wound is fine but he can't understand what he has to do to start walking again, he came from the hospital to our local comunity one with an ulcer on his bot, so he can't sit in a chair yet. Yesterday he refused breakfast and lunch and wouldn't drink either, just had a few of the biscuits I'd brought in. He was awake when I visited yesterday, and sort of knew who I was,and held my hand very tight and said don't leave me, but dropped off again quite soon, aparently he'd been very stubborn in the morning and wouldn't let the nurses put him on a clean pyjama top, and had tried to pull out the catheter. He did allow them to put on a clean top when I was there.
I hope to have better news when I visit this afternoon, but I've got to wait till friday when there's an assesment meeting with cpn social services etc.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s poor record keeping isn`t it Jane when an 81 year old is invited for Jury service. I have heard instances of letters being sent even to those who have died.

Instead of having the hassle of phoning, couldn`t you readdress the same envelope and return it with a note.

I`m sorry Rupert is the worse for wear following his fall. Sadly we hear about declines following falls all too often. It is added strain on you.

I hope the assessment meeting will be helpful.

Love xx

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Jane

So sorry to hear about Ruperts decline.

I hope that day to day he starts to improve.

Love
Janet

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Jane

I'm just sending you my best wishes because it sounds like you are worried and a bit stressed. It must be awful for Rupert too with a broken femur and an ulcer on his bot.

Love and a hug

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi JaneB

Sorry Rupert isn't feeling well and hope things improve soon.

I had the problem of my Mum being called for Jury service, she is 83 years old, but the letter was sent to the address of the nursing home.

One would think that "nursing home" in the address line, would have flagged queries "SHOULD WE SEND THIS LETTER??" but no, they sent it anyway and yes, like you, it was just one other stupid thing I had to deal with.

It makes you wonder where some people's brains are, but then again, I suppose the letter was computer generated and computers don't have human brains

Thinking of Rupert and take care of yourself
Love
Alfjess

Jane.B

Dec 7, 2007
Hampshire
I don't know why fussed so much, a short phone call was all that was needed, giving his birthday and jurer no, and his name was taken off.
Rupert's not that much better, though he was pleased to see me today, though he didn't realy know who I was. He was refusing food, but has had a bit the last few days, he's having to be fed now which he mostly wasn't before his fall. He has refused to try standing when the physio's ask him, they think he might if I was there so they are going to be there tomorrow afternoon when I visit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch