It's so hard

Jassac

May 6, 2019
On Saturday, my mum was having one of her episodes. She started having them about 4 years ago. The first time we called an ambulance as she goes incoherent and has no strength, we hadn't seen it before. Within a few hours she came around at the hospital. After having tests they sent her home as they couldn't find anything wrong, not even an UTI. She Is always hot and clammy.Sometimes she gets out of bed and collapses..Usually it takes around 3 hours to get her back into bed.
These episodes a couple of years ago always happened at the beginning of the month and they were monthly
When they happen she is sick, even though she doesn't want anything to eat much. Usually she will have a slice of toast or a little bit of porridge.
The thing with these episodes is that she doesn't remember anything about them the next day. These last two, One was on Good Friday, she hasn't really got back to normal. It's like more brain cells have died.
Sunday she did get up after she had had a cry at seeing me She thought we had left her and then all day she was saying she was pleased to be back home. She has never been away. She kept saying the furniture wasn't hers, I told her it was in her bedroom. The previous owner left the two wardrobes.Sunday night she said I want you to get rid of the wardrobes, they're not mine and my bed wants to be upstairs.
When I put her to bed eventually, she said she was pleased to be back in her own room, it felt familiar to her. I think these episodes are mini strokes, the nurses at the memory clinic hadn't heard of them.We have lived in the bungalow for 12 years, she has always lived in a house before, so this episode must have taken her back years. We even took her back to the village that she lived in from 1954-86 but she didn't recognise the road, couldn't remember walking down the road either.
She even gets her own dad mixed up with my dad, they have both passed away. She doesn't recognise my dad now, even the photo when they met at 17.
I feel stressed out with all this. My brother is her main carer when I'm at work, neither of us are in great health either.
I could walk out at times.