It’s been a while but I;ve not been well

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
Over the 7+ years Pauline has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease I made various plans and special arrangements of what I would do if, or when she got worse and, being a very fit old beggar never ever thought, what if it is me? Of course inevitably it happened and I have spent three months in and out of hospitals and am back in again now. Thankfully and after 12 months of inter family strife my youngest daughter, a nurse, took aside Paulines eldest son and between them they are blooming marvellous. Her two other sons are still useless but that doesnt matter as he is happy to work with my daughter for his mum AND me! Care packages are being sorted possible assisted living accomodation being looked at but, most importantly Pauline is transformed. Yes, her short term memory is shot but she is mainly peaceful and calm and seems to find a sort of solace in the harmony of life at present. Glad to be back.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It’s good to see you back @Agzy, and good that things are looking more positive for both you and Pauline.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good to see you back @Agzy and sorry you`ve had such a bad time. Lovely to know your daughter and Pauline`s son are getting their heads together to do their best for both of you.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
SO glad things have been sorted and that at least one of Pauline's sons has started to be of help. Hope you are on the mend, or that they have an idea of how to get you there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaffacake104