Is this late stage? Worried about mum

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
So pleased you have managed to finalize your trip and find accommodation. Either well in advance, or as you have found 'last-minute' when they're trying to fill planes is by far the best way to get deals. (Though to me that still sounds very expensive, so appreciate you not being able to come again.)

One little thing, and I do hope this doesn't upset you,
but in view of you not being able to visit again, might it be an idea to buy a pre-paid funeral plan, so when she does die everything is in place, the Home know which funeral parlour to send her to etc.
Final details can then be done by email, as and when they're needed?

Are you aware that there is a 'Tell Us Once' service available in the UK,so you don't have to notify every single organisation individually? Your solicitor will be able to give you details.

Dino

Aug 7, 2011
So pleased you have managed to finalize your trip and find accommodation. Either well in advance, or as you have found 'last-minute' when they're trying to fill planes is by far the best way to get deals. (Though to me that still sounds very expensive, so appreciate you not being able to come again.)

One little thing, and I do hope this doesn't upset you,
but in view of you not being able to visit again, might it be an idea to buy a pre-paid funeral plan, so when she does die everything is in place, the Home know which funeral parlour to send her to etc.
Final details can then be done by email, as and when they're needed?

Are you aware that there is a 'Tell Us Once' service available in the UK,so you don't have to notify every single organisation individually? Your solicitor will be able to give you details.

Hi lemonjuice, I'm going to look in to the pre-paid funeral plans, I might be able to go back over when the time comes and I hope I can but that depends on when and finances.

I know mum's wishes.

I hadn't heard of the "Tell Us Once" service, thank you for all your advice!