Introduce yourself

FionaD63

Feb 18, 2024
Hi I’m the sole carer for my dad at the moment. He is 91 and living alone. I live about an hour and a half drive from him. He’s managing well but I have noticed he’s increasingly forgetful and repetitive. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he’s fiercely independent . Great to find a forum like this

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello and welcome @FionaD63 to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your Dad. Great that he is still able to live independently and managing well. That is hopefully at least some comfort to you.
You will find this a great space to share with others, ask questions, or simply have a bit of a vent sometimes when you need to. Just putting down on here how you are feeling can help. Members here really do want to help and understand which is so important.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Well hello and welcome from me too first of all. Remote caring is difficult, my mum only lived the other side of town and I persuaded her to come live with me and my wife who got early onset AZ, ended up with mum looking after my wife.
Is there any way you talk him into moving nearer to you, on the plus side you could see him or he could see more often, minus side he'd need to make a whole set of local friends and navigate the area.
As I say though remote caring is difficult. K