I'M STILL HERE !!

Shelleydvr

Jun 10, 2023
Thank you so much, i used to get told you have already asked me that so i learned to answer and what did you say !! but that was after a stroke a long time ago, i seem to be in a bit of respite at the moment it has given me the time to comment on here the one thing i would like to say to medical science is dont try to cure what is not curable but try to help with the confusion that is the thing which as a dementia patient i know wrecks lives and believe me ive had my moments !! take care
Hi Robert.. Just read your original post more thoroughly (attention span short).
Yes, I also have vascular dementia...

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Shelleydvr and @Itsme123 and welcome to Dementia Talking Point. Your contributions to this thread are very welcome. If you have specific issues of your own that you wish to raise our friendly and supportive members will do their best to help.

JAYBEN

Jun 12, 2023
West Yorkshire
I told my wife everyday that I loved her and that she was my sweetheart. She told her friends I was having affairs and planning to go away and leave her.
She also heard voices, and had conversations with people who weren't her.
She passed away peacefully a few weeks ago, and although I miss my beautiful friend and partner, I am glad she is no longer suffering. It is an awful illness, and all the research doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.
Keep using this forum Robert, we are all friends who will listen to you.
So sorry to hear of your loss , it sounds like you were a very loving couple , and although this is a sad time I'm sure you will have lots of happy memories . I am new on this path , with my husband only just being diagnosed a week ago , it is a daunting path to say the least but I take comfort and support from all the members on here and look forward to that continuing along our journey into the unknown . God bless and take care .

JAYBEN

Jun 12, 2023
West Yorkshire
HI,everyone this is new to me i do struggle to dot the i's and cross the t's so please forgive my lack of grammer, i was diagnosed in oct 2018 with mild vasculer dementia my 2yr journey to that point i can only describe as frightning i saw dead people in my home i got lost many times and had no idea how to get food, i would make myself a cup of tea then chuck it in the waste bin then spend however long looking for it, i used to try to make 2 drinks and put tea coffee suger milk all in one cup and give it to my guest then stand staring at the empty cup, i set fire to my kitchen, lots of things were descending into chaos, what i'm trying to say is dementia is the loneliest place in the world you cannot ask for help, you no longer know what it is you need help for, you cannot ask any one for help with something you've forgotten because that one thought can be gone in a second inside yourself it becomes so lonely fighting a constant battle with your own brain bless all you carers love you all
God Bless you Robert, I have nothing but praise for you in how you have battled through the demons of this disease and congratulate you on writing this post . Going by your dates you are now 5 years from the onset and your 2 year journey til your diagnosis sounds as if it was very challenging , yet you come across as a happy chap with a kind heart . My husband was only diagnosed a week ago with mild vascular dementia and so far is still very active and independent with his main issues being memory related for now . I cannot imagine what it would be like to deal with hallucinations or how I would deal with this if this happened to my husband . I am a new member here too and even though I have only been posting for a week I have found a welcoming and supporting group that I know I will rely on for help and support in the future . Please keep posting you are an inspiration . I wish my husband could reach out on here but for now he has to deal with the diagnose in his own way .

Robert igotdementia

Jun 8, 2023
London
Thank you for your kind words, and bless you for being his carer, when i left my dementia clinic for the last time, i asked how long? and was told just enjoy each day, so i do, stay safe and take care and thank you again.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Basic problem .... took me 2 months to find this space again . ugh
Click on 'bookmarks'
2023-08-19_173323.png

A link to post will be added to list in your profile

Making a shortcut to your profile will enable you to use and organise links using cogwheel

Attachments

• 2023-08-19_171742.png
    2023-08-19_171742.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 88