1. northumbrian_k

northumbrian_k Registered User

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Newcastle
    #1 northumbrian_k, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    The late Bobby Bland had the most distinctive, mellifluous, expressive and soulful voice that I have heard. There are so many songs over his long career that I like and never get tired of hearing. "I'll take care of you", written for Bland by Brook Benton, is one that I always come back to. Although the words are about something else, it has come to resonate with me even more since my wife's dementia took hold. In just over 2 minutes Bland expresses a story full of deep emotions. Many other versions of the song followed (Beth Hart does a notable take with Joe Bonamassa) but none top the pathos and hope of the original, recorded 60 years ago:

"You won't ever have to worry
    You won't ever have to cry
    I'll be there beside you
    To dry your weeping eye ..."

2. Lirene

Lirene Registered User

Sep 15, 2019
    Beautiful, thank you xx

3. Agzy

Agzy Registered User

Nov 16, 2016
    Moreton, Wirral. UK.
    So many of the old songs are just amazing to listen to and not just the music but how clear and understandable the words.