'If I get like that, put me in a home'

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
As one of the people who helped me I just wanted to say Hi and catch up on your circumstances. I am glad your Mum’s service went OK and I hope you are doing ok - take care

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Tomorrow, the 3rd March would have been mum's 96th birthday. I'm shortly heading off to my brothers with her ashes ahead of us distributing them tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a catch up with him as we haven't seen each other, except by Zoom since the funeral in November.
I'm glad we've organised something sooner rather than later. A friend of mine's brother still has both her parents' ashes and they died quite a few years ago.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Hope the weekend goes well @Sarasa 🙏🙏🙏

My Dad died leaving us with both his parents and sister unscattered 🙈🙈 with everything else going on they’re still being left and also I have no idea where to put them 😢😢

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hope everything goes well today. How lovely to be scattering the ashes on your mum's birthday. A nice symmetry.

My mum wanted her ashes interred in a grave in Hatfield (I think)where my dad's ashes are. I've searched on line and can't find anything, so need a trip down. It is 3 hours away and just haven't had time. They are currently at the undertakers and your post has made me think I should collect them. (My brother promised at mum's funeral in June he would go to look at he is 2 hours away, no childcare responsibilities and not always working. I have asked him since but unsurprisingly not happened).

When I cleared my mum's house in 2014 I discovered my gran's ashes. She died in 1999. They are in a plastic container behind my sofa. Like @sdmhred I have no idea where to scatter them. And feel I should do it with my brother. I didn't really have time during the caring years and haven't always been on speaking terms with brother.

I am hoping to make progress by mum's anniversary in June with her ashes.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
The day was everything my brother and I could have wished for. A pleasant drive to her home town, a look at the bungalow where she was born and her old school and then a walk along the pier to scatter her ashes at the end. We then went to the village where my parents met when dad was in the RAF and had lunch in a pub they must have visited. A good way to celebrate her life.
5237e64a-bc4d-4734-93ca-c234a4cc5fb6.jpeg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingfisherl