I want you to know I miss you...

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Its nearly been a year since my dad died. I feel it, not every hour, but every day. Such a big piece missing out of my jigsaw.Your lives are so important, not just to you, but to those whom you give hope and motivation, courage and ideas. Life moves on, and so too do the people on here...people who gave me care and support when I needed it most. I just want all those who talked to me, be it advice, a joke or even telling me off (surely not!), I miss you. You were part of it all. Although I dont visit every day, and rarely say anything now, I do watch what you are going through, I DO care,you will never cease to amaze me with your resillience (sp), courage and compassion.I miss my dad, and I miss you all too. Just sayin:cool:x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hiya, Zoe, sorry you are missing your dad. It's not been long really though, has it? I think about my mum every day and she passed away 19 months ago. Her memory is as fresh as yesterday though.

I hope you will come back to TP lots, Zoe, because people here understand.

Sending you a hug. x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Zoet,

It is lovely that you have come to say hello and to tell us how you are. I'm sure you know that TP is always here for you Zoe if you have the need. It is true that the TP family is ever changing but my experience is that each new person enhances it and it goes from strength to strength. You'll always have a place with the TP family Zoet.

Love

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi Zoe. It's good to hear from you. I know your own experiences could prove valuable to those going through what you have experienced. I hope you 'chip' with your own advice. Take care. xx

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Zoe,

Can;t believe it's nearly a year since your lovely dad died but it must be. Nearly a year since I visited you and had the privilege of meeting him very shortly before he crossed over.

And we still haven't had our girly night in! First you had your op then I couldn't leave Will, then I changed to a horror-job with ridiculous hours and got cancer, and here we are nearly a year later. Unbelievable. We WILL do it next year my girl!

In the meantime, take care hun, and carry on popping in here whenever you can because you're missed xxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello - its really good to hear from you and hope we can see you more often, just to say 'hi' is fine.

Its a gain for all of us if you can share your feelings and experiences. Hope to hear from you again soon.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Zoe

It was so good to see your name on TP.

If you miss your friends on TP keep dropping in. Don`t only read posts. Say ` hello ` and let us know how you are.

As Jan said, I`m sure you have lots of experiences with your dear dad which would help others. xx

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dear Zoe, great to see you back here. Yes, the memories stay don't they. I do think it helps others as well as yourself to share past experiences, so hope to see you around! Take care x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Zoe, I miss you too!:) You always had something helpful and sensible to say.

Isn't it awful that when our loved one dies, we lose contact with people we thought of as friends? I still visit TP regularly, it was my lifeline for so long. But I miss the nurses and carers in John's home. I can still drop in, but I now feel as if I'm a visitor, not part of the family. I'm interrupting their work, instaed of helping. And the organisations I worked for as a carer -- well, they still want me to continue, but I feel like an outsider there too, I've lost my badge!

Stay in touch, Zoe, you've so much to give.

Love,

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Zoe, it's 20 years since I lost my dad and I still miss him like mad, not just because both he and my sister have gone and left me to care for mum by myself!I think it really doesn't matter how old you are, if you were lucky to have a good father you have lost something precious.