I obviously can’t count!!!!!

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Just popped on TP without logging in and it’s showing 6 members on line .... but only 5 are listed??????:confused:

Look – I’m open enough about my paranoia!!!!! :rolleyes::D – but is this a fault? Same fault as that ‘most ever users online’ figure from 2007 that has never been corrected?:rolleyes:

Kaz, x

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
you must have your settings so that you keep logged in Saffie...if not you cannot see the Tea Room and you cant post.
Amy

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Yes Saffie....its fine:) Saves you from logging in each time...and means you are counted in the numbers. There used to be a facility so that you could log on 'invisibly'....I think maybe Kaz is wondering if it still exists for some. I dont know:confused:
Amy

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Saffie, sorry if I’ve created bit of confusion for you. Thanks Amy – but ‘invisible mode’ was switched off on the last upgrade (recall it as I had a spell myself for my own reasons when I found it useful to use for reasons I won’t go into;)), so I wondered if this was another ‘glitch’.

Must confess I only log in to post or when I go into the Tea Room, unless I am likely to be on TP for any length of time, and dip in and out on Research etc threads without having to log in. Not really sure why I’ve got into that habit?

Just checked before I posted this and the forum is now showing 37members on line but there are now 38 actually listed??????? So that’s the opposite of invisible??????:cool::confused::eek:

Just hoped if there is some ‘glitch’ about the numbers and/or the listings, it might be looked at in the forthcoming upgrade?

Cheers, Karen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
I’m here with the Invisible man (or woman!) again. :rolleyes: Two members online – only myself listed?

Sorry to be pedantic, but it’s irritating me!!!! And if it IS a bug, what other bugs are lurking? Or what other stats are wrong?

Karen

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Hi Karen

I still don't log on and off so if I was one of the names on when you counted this morning then that could be wht there were 3 names but only 1 actually there - if you see what I mean Thankfully, I was asleep at that time , unlike many other early mornings, tho' i was awake an hour or so later!

alex

Apr 10, 2006
I can't count either........just checked and counted 32 members on line but says there are 33 :confused:

Maybe someones keeping an eye on us all :eek: :D ;)

Don't worry about it Kaz........ the good news is that you never have to feel as though you are alone :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D

Don't look behind youuuuuuuuuuuuu :D

Alex x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hi Saffie and Alex – sorry not meaning to drive everyone round the twist with this. I might explain in a previous life I was paid to spot stuff like this as part of user testing. Old habits and all that .....

More importantly, I am also perhaps a ‘saddo’ who does read into a lot of the stats on TP. For instance, working independently, I use ‘views’ to check what topics need the ‘finger on the pulse’ so to speak. (Some don’t get a lot of replies but you can tell the amount of interest amongst members because of the ‘Views’ figure etc) and if you then correlate that to all the ‘browsers’ may be reading along ....

So my concern is (with a ‘user testing head on’) if the stats can’t be relied upon to count up to two members and list them accurately – what else might not be as accurate? Ok – if it’s ‘one out’ everywhere, that’s not too bad ..... but I’d like some confirmation.

I had spotted this prior to the new up-grade, of course, and hoped it was a ‘glitch’ which might be resolved, but obviously not. I’ll perhaps take it directly to Serena/Katherine.

Regards, Karen

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
You've got me at it now - 42 members but only 41 when I counted the names. It must always be so - and I am actually here now not just left logged on when I'm not actually here, so I can't be the guilty mystery intruder!!! Ah relief! That's just too much guilt to carry!

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Oh well kaz you have us all at it now.
Main list shows 47 members 305 guests
Bottom of forums 45 members 307 guests

Does it matter in the greater scheme of life I ask myself? Do some people have the facility to access the site without their name appearing online? Is there a glitch in the figures? Does anyone know the answer? If that cant be answered, anyone know the meaning of life?:D
Love Amy

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Sorry, Amy, if it seems petty to you. And apologies I have got others counting up!!!!!:rolleyes:

I am very disappointed no moderator or administrator has picked up on this thread – since May!!!! And given a simple: ‘We don’t know but we’ll look into it’ or a ‘It happens because .....’

I might be guilty of being a number cruncher – but when you are trying to challenge funding (or lack of) it doesn’t help saying – statistics from Alzheimer’s Society’s Talking Point – but don’t rely on them because they can’t count up a list of names!!!!! :eek:

And I will no doubt be challenged for number crunching from TP ... but if they publish statistics in the public domain about the forum and its use – don’t we deserve to have them correct?:confused:

A simple explanation or a ‘we are looking into it’ would be nice.:mad:

Karen :(

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Ha ha Kaz....not petty....what is funny is the way the question is ignored...Big Brother/Sister is watching you:D.

Love Amy x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Hi Amy – sure you know – no personal offence taken and none meant!;):)

I have now highlighted this thread - and the lack of response by any moderator or administrator - to the Administration/Management team directly – so let’s hope I am put out of my misery and we can all go back to counting sheep not members online!;):D

Not to mention reassurance about general ‘counts’ and statistics elsewhere on TP.:rolleyes:

Regards, Karen, x

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
Don't forget it's the weekend!! :D

Try it during the week, Saffie, and see if you can still make it add up. Bet you won't be able to. ;) ;) ;)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Oh goodness, JPG1 – have I got you at it too?????? :eek: I am sorry.:(

I have received a response from the TP Manager but as it was in a PM I guess I can’t share it?:rolleyes:

It gave reassurance about the viability of statistics on TP but no explanation about this query, is about all I can say. I have asked that an explanation for the anomaly in members listed online and numbers shown at certain times is given publicly.

It’s a minor matter in the great scheme of things, but I personally like transparency – and I am starting to get ‘bad feelings’ about why this question has not already been answered publicly if there is some simple explanation could have been given 6 weeks or more ago? :mad:

Karen