I miss what used to be

susiecol

May 8, 2024
I'm really struggling with my emotions,mum has been a 'constant presence' since dad died when I was 11... she's always been fairly self centered but we have had a close albeit funny relationship- mums memory has been a struggle for the last few years,but I've visited almost almost every day and spoken sometimes 4times a day..
Mums deterioration seems so rapid and I'm really struggling with it and my emotions

upsanddownsdays

Jun 14, 2023
Hi , I understand how you must feel , I had exactly the same relationship with my mum too . We spoke several times a day and went out together regularly. We liked the same things , shopping , garden nurseries , walking , going out for lunch . It's like loosing your best friend . I just miss the chat and although I see her regularly in the carehome , it's not the same . I have to get used to doing things on my own , but find myself getting tearful when I see something she would like. I'm not really sure how you come to terms with this and put a smile on for the rest of the world .

Keep in touch if you need to talk to someone who gets it .
Sending positive thoughts xx

susiecol

May 8, 2024
Hi , I understand how you must feel , I had exactly the same relationship with my mum too . We spoke several times a day and went out together regularly. We liked the same things , shopping , garden nurseries , walking , going out for lunch . It's like loosing your best friend . I just miss the chat and although I see her regularly in the carehome , it's not the same . I have to get used to doing things on my own , but find myself getting tearful when I see something she would like. I'm not really sure how you come to terms with this and put a smile on for the rest of the world .

Keep in touch if you need to talk to someone who gets it .
Sending positive thoughts xx
Thankyou xxxx and thinking of you too 💓