I love my wife but ...

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021
My OH has been diagnosed with dementia and now only one of his friends will come and take him out whilst the others make excuses and never call us with social events. We feel isolated. Are there any groups out there that we could attend in the newcastle upon tyne area that we could attend. It is amazing, we had a very large friendship group but now hardly see anyone.
Thank you.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
My OH has been diagnosed with dementia and now only one of his friends will come and take him out whilst the others make excuses and never call us with social events. We feel isolated. Are there any groups out there that we could attend in the newcastle upon tyne area that we could attend. It is amazing, we had a very large friendship group but now hardly see anyone.
hi @themagicstar , you ask if there's a group near you. I have posted a link for you to check out your area. Please look, dementia groups have been my lifeline. I've made friends with others in the same position. We share experiences, advice and have some laughs. I'm sure you'll be made welcome. Oh... And don't dismiss singing and crafts . I'm tone deaf and wearing hearing aids and can't sing to save my life but the groups good fun and my oh loves it.

Having trouble posting the link but if you go to the top right blue box Alzheimer's Society and click you'll get a drop down, click menu and click support near me

Last edited:

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
OMG I'm eligible for sitting exercise as I'm over 65 and you wouldn't want to hear me sing.
Luckily tomorrow's job is digging out tree stumps from felling them a few days back.
Now exactly a man shed whatever one of those is and what's the female equivalent? K
Wow Kevini, keep on at those tree stumps - that is a mission! My equivalent is applying willow coloured fence paint a bit at a time when a carer is here and between showers/torrential rain. So far a fraction of the fence is done and me and the dog are kind of blue coloured...