I just wanted to make contact

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
I just wanted to make contact because yesterday was the first time I hadn't posted in some form or another since I joined (about 2 weeks ago). The day just seemed to disappear however somewhere in the midst or ordinary Sunday living, Alan and I danced in the kitchen to Westlife and we both really enjoyed it. I suppose it sounds like nothing in the grand scheme of things but it was very nice.

Love to you all

Helen :) :D p.s. please note the smilies!!!! Thanks Sylvia

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I suppose it sounds like nothing in the grand scheme of things but it was very nice.

Nothing is ever nothing in the grand scheme of Alzheimers Helen. What would once have been considered insignificant or even trivial, becomes an incident of great importance, especially if it`s shared enjoyment.

Love and smileys ;)

bated01

Apr 4, 2008
Coventry, England
remember and cherish it

My nan rarely knows who we are or where she is most of the time now but it is the flickers of normality- of her old self that keeps me going and will remeber them forever- you need to remember these good times for when the bad moments take hold- it is a real comfort.

xx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Thanks to you both

Thanks for listening. I do really enjoy the good times, even more now I realise that they could suddenly disappear completely. A lot of the things that were just simple pleasures have gone and life is generally harder because Alan is a dependant rather than a partner. He would be devastated to hear me say this but it feels true to me. BUT there are still so many good things. I like it when he laughs (which he does quite a lot), I like it when he does things like feed the birds and make breakfast and cups of tea or coffee. I like it when he's alive.

Love to you

Helen

p.s. I seem very tired these past couple of days and I don't like the feeling. I want to fall asleep all the time and I wonder whether it's because I'm relieved about the holiday and can rest or whether I'm just exhausted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandzz