I hate Wednesday

Anniefran

Aug 16, 2022
Today is supposed to be the day I unwind take it easy do something or do nothing. Just enjoy a day where I don't have to watch every move I make and think about every word I say.
He goes to a couple of groups today and he enjoys the company.
I had a lovely lunch out with my sister today.
My husband is so horrible and scary every week after the group. What is the point in this?
He is shouting and raging downstairs now banging his head in the wall and calling me names, likening me to street workers.
He is very very scary.
I think I will just lie low until he tires himself out .
Tomorrow morning he will be all smiles with a cup of coffee and a slice of toast.
Its so sad I loved this man all my life he was always so gentle, loving and caring. now he's a stranger who I am beginning to hate.
I dread every morning.
I know I need to sort something out with social services etc but that seems like giving up, losing hope, losing our whole life.
How can he have changed so much or is it me.
Sorry its just me feeling sorry for myself again.
Lots of hugs to you all

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
@Anniefran, make sure you have a phone with you and a lockable door. Your husband wouldn't mean to hurt you, but in the state he is in he might. DO phone the police if you feel in danger.

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
Today is supposed to be the day I unwind take it easy do something or do nothing. Just enjoy a day where I don't have to watch every move I make and think about every word I say.
He goes to a couple of groups today and he enjoys the company.
I had a lovely lunch out with my sister today.
My husband is so horrible and scary every week after the group. What is the point in this?
He is shouting and raging downstairs now banging his head in the wall and calling me names, likening me to street workers.
He is very very scary.
I think I will just lie low until he tires himself out .
Tomorrow morning he will be all smiles with a cup of coffee and a slice of toast.
Its so sad I loved this man all my life he was always so gentle, loving and caring. now he's a stranger who I am beginning to hate.
I dread every morning.
I know I need to sort something out with social services etc but that seems like giving up, losing hope, losing our whole life.
How can he have changed so much or is it me.
Sorry its just me feeling sorry for myself again.
Lots of hugs to you all
Hi @Anniefran
So sorry to hear your troubles with your OH. (I've just posted on another thread how much I look forward and enjoy Wednesdays, as that's when I have my 3 hour respite sitter from Mind!)

My thoughts on your post:
I would have thought that going to do activities, or be with others would stimulate your OH in a good way.
If he really doesn't like the groups he goes to, or they have a bad effect on his behaviour then stop your OH going!
Speak to GP about the change in behaviour, and any meds that may help?
Alternatively, if he is to continue going, but his behaviour is in ANY way a danger to himself or to you, then you should contact Adult Social Services and tell them you can't cope if that is how you feel.
Please remember, YOU are also entitled to a life without risk/violence (physical or otherwise) to yourself. You shouldn't have to be in a position of fear, and thus the worry and stress this causes to you.
You need to consider a care home for your OH, that is one that can cope with these type of behaviours your OH is exhibiting, and they may be few and far between. Investigate those round and about.

Best wishes.
And a virtual hug.