I feel so bad mum on hospital

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Larivy no beating yourself up,, it is the best place for mum at mo till her oxygen levels are sorted, Trevs often drop very low I know how distressing this must be for you all, lets hope they can soon get mum sorted and back home, look after yourself love Pam

sallyc

Aug 20, 2008
suffolk
Oh Larivy

You must be so worried. But they can help her there, they're letting you stay, so you can help her.

It's not your fault, love. Please don't blame yourself.

Look after yourself now, while they take care of her, so you can be strong enough to help her when she gets home.

Thinking of you, and I'll be looking out for updates.

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
Dear Larivy...I have only just read about mum being in hospital...there was me rabbiting on about Trevor last night (on your other thread) not knowing about her being in hospital.

Like so many of our friends have said, you must not blame yourself, particularly as it helped with her being sat in a chair eventually. After all we are only human, although we do have to push the boundaries sometimes!

I hope mum wil get well very soon and in the meantime, this is your chance to get some nights' sleep in,although I know you will be at the hospital during the day, but at least you can rest when you come home.

love
Bronwen x

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Larivy,

Just to let you know I'm thinking about you and hope mum is on the mend.

As everyone else has said..please don't beat yourself up any more over this..you did get help for mum and she's now in the right place.
It tkaes a machine to detect abnormally low oxygen levels...and you're not a machine, you're a lovely, caring human being who did all the right things.

Are you managing to get some rest?

Love xx

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Larivy,
No way are you to blame for anything.
Hope your mum begins to feel better soon.
And hope you are grabbing every chance to get some rest yourself.
Thinking of you and sending love,
Nan XXX

elaine n

Jun 1, 2010
west country uk
Thinking of you and mum Larivy, I hope you manage to get some rest. Your mum's in the right place to get all the help she needs and I totally agree with the others - in no way are you to blame for this!

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Dear Larivy, so sorry to hear your Mum is in hospital. NOT your fault, you do all you can for your Mum and more besides. I hope you both manage to get some rest and recovery xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Larivy, how are you? Here's hoping no news means good news. Thinking of you both and hoping everything is OK. xx

Fenners

May 5, 2010
Essex
Just wanted you to know i am thinking of you and Mum - sending you masses of love, hugs and support......

xxxxxxxxxxx

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Larivy

Thinking of you and mum,

I hope your mum is starting to improve

you must be absolutely exhausted as well as worried
xxxxxx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Thanks for all your messages mum still in hospital but her oxygen levels have improved they want to check them over night and if all well we will come home tomorrow I can not praise the hospital enough they have been grt from consultants to cleaners there is another lady with ad and they have been brilliant they even went and got her a teddy which she has cuddled all day and they have really looked after me and sil and mum after reading so many bad reports about hospitals it nice to write possitive things
Mum said it must be costing a fortune for this hotel but she said it's worth it she wouldn't mind coming back here:eek: that's what she thinks she really had me scared but they are sure it was the infection and her body being tired (wonder why!) staying with her tonight sil as well and hopefully we will be home tomorrow thanks again love larivy

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Thanks for letting us know, Larivy. It sounds good and hopefully you will all be back home again tomorrow.

Your Mum is an amazing lady - I wonder who you take after?

Glad your SIL is with you.

Love

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Really glad and relieved to read the positive report and good news, Larivy. Are you sleeping in an armchair at your mum's bedside in the hospital? :eek:

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Hi Deborah we have a nice chair each and although we are not sleeping much it's nice to be able to relax and we have had lots of heart to hearts about mum and brother we have always been like sisters and it's nice to spend time together even if it is in hospital I will be ready for my bed tomorrow I hope and I think mum will be as well she's so nosey every time there's a noise she wants to know what it is I'm on my I touch next to her but she's asking me what I'm writing all the time sil gone to say bye to brother and make me a coffee I hope we make the nurses theirs and they have told us we can stay as long as we want :D larivy