I feel so bad mum on hospital

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by larivy, Jan 15, 2011.

1. larivy

larivy Registered User

Apr 19, 2009
    essex
    Mum was refusing to go to bed so I left her in her chair for awhile she called me and I said Ho! changed your mind now went to get her up and she just collapsed we are now in the ea waiting for a bed in a ward mums oxygen leavers are really low so they are keeping her in but they have been excellent and they are allowing me and sil to stay
    I feel so bad if only i had put her to bed she may have been ok now larivy

2. sunray

sunray Registered User

Sep 21, 2008
    Female
    East Coast of Australia
    not your fault

Larivy, putting her to bed would not have altered her oxygen levels. That may have been why she didn't want to go to bed though, felt a bit dizzy and couldn't actually tell you what was wrong.

I'll just keep thinking of you for the rest of my waking time. And here's a (((hug))) to go on with.

Sue.

3. piedwarbler

piedwarbler Registered User

Aug 3, 2010
    South Ribble
    Larivy , sweetheart, what did you say to me yesterday? When I was blaming myself? Of course it's not your fault! Her oxygen levels are down cos she's been poorly.
    You're in the right place. I just wish I could help you, bring you cups of tea and food. Hope the staff are doing that. Good luck and love to your brave mum xx

4. MissisT

MissisT Registered User

Dec 1, 2010
    Essex
    Larivy
    This - is - not - your - fault.
    Hope she is soon feeling better.
    Teresa x

5. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Dear Larivy,

I am glad the staff at A&E have been excellent and hope that mum is stabilised quickly. This may mean though that you have a window of opportunity to get a little rest;) It's not your fault Larivy, these things happen - I think it's called "Sod's Law":rolleyes::(

Everything crossed for you and mum.

Love

6. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    It must be the result of her illness larivy. You know it`s not your fault. Keep us updated, please. xx

7. scarletpauline

scarletpauline Registered User

Jul 19, 2009
    Leicestershire
    Dear Larivy, I hope your mum gets better soon, she is in the best place for them to sort out her oxygen, love Pauline xx

8. lin1

lin1 Registered User

Jan 14, 2010
    Female
    East Kent
    Oh Larivy

Dont feel bad ,
    If you had put your mum to bed , you would not have discovered her oxygen levels are very low and it would take mum much longer to recouperate,

Im no doc but would guess this is a due to mums cold/flu

Now when you get home , a bite to eat a cuppa or something stronger then BED .

I hope your mum recovers quickly

xxxxxx

9. burfordthecat

burfordthecat Registered User

Jan 9, 2008
    Female
    Leicestershire
    Larivy

What a shock for you and your mum. I'll be thinking of you both.

Love Carina x x

10. Nanak

Nanak Registered User

Mar 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Know that your Mum is in the right place at the moment and look after yourself. Everything happens for a reason. Don't feel bad, rest up and be ready for when Mum comes home :)
    Nanak
    missing what has gone and scared of what is to come

11. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Larivy maybe it was for the best. Now she's where she can get the treatment she needs. I hope you get some rest. x

12. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Larivy, this could have happened to any of us, or to your mum, at any time. Please don't beat yourself up. It's just a bloomin' b****r and that's all there is to it.:(

You must be shattered after the last few days. Please take it easy and get some well earned zeds if you can. You know you deserve 'em. Much love and sympathy, Deborah xxxxxxx.

13. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Larivy

I'm sorry your mum is so ill, it must have been dreadful for you, finding her like that last night.

But it is not your fault that she is ill. No-one could have done more to care for your mum, you are a devoted daughter.

Sending prayers and positive vibes that your mum will be well cared-for, and will soon be home with you.

Love,

14. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    I can only repeat what others have said. IT IS NOT YOUT FAULT. Thankfully she is in the right place now, thanks to your immediate attention.

My thoughts are with you.

15. sleepless

sleepless Registered User

Feb 19, 2010
    Female
    The Sweet North
    Larivy, I can only agree with everyone else, not your fault your mum's oxygen levels are low.
    I can imagine how worried you must be, but the other posters are right -- mum is in the right place for now, and you must rest so that you're fit and well for when she comes home.
    Thinking of you,
    sleepless x

16. hazytron

hazytron Registered User

Apr 4, 2008
    SOUTH LAKES
    Larivy, some things happen for a very good reason, in this case, it was meant to be. Your Mum is in the best place and you are in a position to have some of your responsibility eased.

Wishing you both, as soon as possible, some beneficial changes.

Hugs
    Hazel

17. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
    Larivy

Probably a ggod job you left her in the chair, if she had been laid down she may not have been able to shout you, hope she is soon sorted and back at home

18. jayne-b

jayne-b Registered User

Sep 7, 2009
    Staffs
    Larivy, sorry to hear this, you are not at fault.
    I hope your Mum's levels pick up quickly and she is home soon, do try and get some rest yourself,you must be shattered.

Take care
    jaynexx

19. CaPattinson

CaPattinson Registered User

May 19, 2010
    West Yorks
    See, Larivy, we all know who's fault it is! NOT YOURS!!!!! Oh and sorry but IF ONLYs are NOT ALLOWED!!!!!

thinking of you both xxxxxxxxxxxxxx hugsmileymove long arms.gif

20. florence43

florence43 Registered User

Jul 1, 2009
    London
    Dear Larivy,

My first though when I read your post was "thank goodness she was in the chair". So you have nothing to blame yourself for. Being in bed, you may not have discovered so early and been able to act so fast.

It's just the fluey thing she has...

Hope the next post is better news.

Thinking of you both, do send her our love.