I don't know where to turn

Wilsone

Dec 2, 2015
Have sobbed and cried. If has been an awful day. What do you do when your husband of 41 years thinks you are a man, tells you that you are not married to him and asks when you are going home

I really am at the end of my tether. Had my 60th birthday last week and we has no memory of the event at all. I am still working but really getting to the stage that I can't cope. People tell me to keep working for my own mental health but I feel I am at breaking point

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Oh Wilsone, that is so heartbreaking, I really feel for you. Are you getting any help? Do see your doctor and find out what is around before you feel any worse. Maybe it would help to talk to someone who understands what you're going through. Do you have a Carer's organisation locally?
Very glad you have found your way here, there is marvellous support from people who know just what you're going through and are able to help with kind and wise advice born of experience. You aren't alone, but you must be so exhausted trying to work as well as care for your husband, and it's vital you look after yourself for both your sakes.
Sending you love and a big hug.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1mindy

Jul 21, 2015
Shropshire
It is really awful for you when this happens and I am guessing on top of it you are thinking this is my life now l and I am too young for this . The working thing is a strange one and there are many factors to consider. I stopped work two years ago at 55 having worked all my life. I miss it so much.I loved work,the friends, social,even the me time, and of course the money. Money and future earnings for me was a big one and lack of this is still huge now.Giving up work for me imlacts greatly on my pension and my own future security.But I had no choice as oh was so stressed every day without me making work impossible, On the plus side although I feel isolated and some days very lonely, the stress of leaving him and thinking about what was going on at home has disappeared So the work thing is your choice , not for people who have no idea what you are going through ,to tell you,even though they may be well meant.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare